The Administrative Assistant for the Faculty Center supports faculty members in a variety of ways (managing the Faculty Center, working with Area Coordinators on Academic Assessment, and coordinating parts of the summer programs for the director of Summer Programs). The Administrative Assistant will also provide secondary support to the staff of the Context program. The general responsibilities are outlined below:
Description of the Position: The Administrative Assistant for the Faculty Center has four major areas of focus:
· Manages day-to-day operation of the Faculty Center;
· Supports administrative needs of full-time and part-time faculty members;
· Acts as a liaison between the faculty and other JTS departments;
· Helps to orient new faculty members by sending introductory e-mails, requesting paperwork, answering questions, etc.; · Manages calendar of events, schedules meetings, requests equipment and food, takes meeting minutes, etc.;
· Coordinates logistics for events organized by faculty members, e.g., conferences, lectures, presentations, etc.;
· Maintains and troubleshoots equipment in the faculty center and guides faculty as to the proper use of equipment;
· Serves as a resource for faculty in all aspects of standard operating procedures (e.g. copies, faxes, requesting equipment), and coordination with other JTS departments;
· Works with the Faculty Executive;
· Manages, tracks, and processes faculty expense reimbursements;
· Coordinates student award tracking process for commencement;
· Helps cultivates sense of community in the Faculty Center.
Academic Assessment for Faculty
· In conjunction with the Associate Provost's office, works with academic Area Coordinators to set up area meetings of faculty, record decisions relating to academic goals, measures, and outcomes;
· Helps area coordinators prepare and enter appropriate assessment data into the software program designed for that purpose (e.g.,Taskstream and/or Blackboard).
· Manages day-to-day operations of the summer programs, e.g. academic Summer Sessions, Nishma program, JustCity program;
· Collects applications, responds to inquiries, explains procedures to applicants, and - in cooperation with the Registrar's Office -- registers students for summer programs;
· Coordinates logistics with other JTS departments as needed;
· Prepares weekly reports for directors of summer programs;
· Coordinates publicity with the directors of summer programs;
· Works with Communications Department to update summer sessions website pages.
· Provides secondary clerical and logistical assistance to the Context program staff, e.g., assists in organizing special events, e.g., Jewish University for a Day programs.
· Bachelor's Degree; Master's degree a plus.
· At least 3 Years of administrative experience.
· Familiarity with academic institutions helpful.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, follow-up, and work as a member of a team.
· Good oral and writing skills in English essential. (Hebrew language ability a plus.)
· Ability to edit documents.
· Ability to manage projects, anticipate problems, develop and implement solutions.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.