The JTS Fund Director is responsible for building and sustaining an effective annual giving program and any applicable support infrastructures.
• The manager will administer and oversee multiple direct mail projects, data cleansing and manipulation, statistical reporting and analysis, mailing list management, donor/prospect research, and relationship management.
• Develop and lead a comprehensive annual appeal program, including strategies to incorporate alumni groups, e-campaigns, giving societies, focus on new donors, and increasing the average gift amounts.
• Responsible for planning and implementing multiple direct mail appeals annually, with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal. Involves working with printers, mail-fulfillment vendors, development staff and others across the institution (faculty, administration, students) as needed, as well as with Executive Director of Development on theme and artistic concept.
• Take the leadership in solicitation of donors between $1,000 and $5,000, moving donors up the pipeline.
• Serve as a lead member in converting a database of alumni and friends to annual supporters.
• Work closely with the Executive Director of Development and other staff to develop fundraising strategies.
• Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
• Coordinate list management on the Millennium Advancement database, which tracks financial and biographical information on alumni, friends of JTS, and donors.
• Ensure integrity of data and lists, working with Director of Central Donor Records.
• BA required, MA desirable with 3-5 years of direct experience in development
• Superior Microsoft Office skills
• Experience with database manipulation and management preferred
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
Application Instructions: Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com