Description of the Position:
The Security Guard is primarily responsible for safeguarding the life and property of the JTS community.
• Provides the JTS community with a high level of security while maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
• Follows access control procedures and protocols for all individuals entering JTS.
• Monitors and maintains visual surveillance of all security related equipment.
• Maintains accurate logbook and personal memo book entries.
• Responds to emergency situations, including cases requiring first aid.
• Regularly patrols premises to ensure safety and security.
• Reports all unsafe and/or dangerous conditions to the Security Supervisory Staff as well as the Office of Facilities Management in a timely manner.
• Reports all issues related to maintenance concerns to Maintenance Supervisory Staff in a timely manner.
• Maintains Eight (8) Hour Annual Training Re-Certification.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Degree/GED required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of prior security experience.
• New York State Security Certification.
• Eight (8) Hour and Sixteen (16) Hour Training Certificates.
• Ability to stand on post for extended periods of time.
• Good written and verbal skills.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to (212) 678-8833.