The Jewish Theological Seminary (JTS) is currently searching for a Security Officer to work in our Security Department. This position requires various Sunday through Saturday shifts for a minimum of 40 hours per week, with occasional overtime and holiday work as assigned. The Security Officer reports to the Chief of Security and the Security Sergeant.
Description of the Position: The Security Officer is primarily responsible for safeguarding the life and property of the JTS community. Qualified candidates must have NY state certification, must possess 8-hour and 16-hour training certificates, and will be responsible for maintaining 8-hour annual training re-certification.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides the JTS community, as well as visitors to JTS, with a high level of security while maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Is able to stand on post for extended periods of time.
- Possesses good written and verbal skills.
- Ensures 100% access control, utilizing standing procedures and protocol.
- Monitors and maintains visual surveillance of all security-related equipment.
- Maintains accurate logbook and personal memo book entries as relates to occurrences and incidents
- Responds to emergency situations, including cases requiring first aid.
- Regularly patrols premises to ensure safety and security.
- Reports all unsafe and/or dangerous conditions detected during patrols to Security supervisory staff and to the Office of Facilities Management in a timely manner.
- Reports all issues related to maintenance concerns to Maintenance supervisory staff in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Security supervisory staff or the Senior Director of Operations.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.