Relation to Applicant:
1.How long have you known the candidate, and in what capacity?
2. How would you describe the candidate in the following areas according to your experience of him/her? (Please be as specific as possible, use examples) a. in his/her potential for pastoral effectiveness? b. in his/her personal commitment to learning? c. in his/her maturity of faith and depth of spiritual development?
3. In your experience, how does this person respond to others who are experiencing times of difficulty or challenge?
Intellectual ability/ General knowledge: 1 2 3 4
Common Sense 1 2 3 4
Job perseverance 1 2 3 4
Emotional Intelligence 1 2 3 4
Ability to listen 1 2 3 4
Ability to problem solve under stress 1 2 3 4
Ability to handle conflict and stress 1 2 3 4
5. Comment on the applicant’s demonstrated motivation, attitude, and readiness for an intensive experiential learning program.
6.What advice would you give this person at this point in his/her education/career that you feel would be most helpful or needed?
7.If you were hospitalized or in a personal crisis, how would you feel about a pastoral visit from this applicant?
8. This is a multi-faith program in which the applicant will learn together with students and serve patients from a variety of faith traditions: How would you describe the applicant’s knowledge and respect for other faiths and traditions as well as his/her sensitivity to cultural diversity?
9. What else should we know about this person that will help us understand and work with him/her better to be most helpful?
Digital Signature Date