Semester at List College Program
The Semester at List College Program in Jewish studies gives undergraduate students currently enrolled at other accredited four-year colleges and universities the opportunity to study for one or two semesters at Albert A. List College of Jewish Studies.
You will be able to:
- Choose from a rich selection of Jewish studies classes
- Reap all of the benefits of being in a dynamic urban setting, including internships and cocurricular activities
- Take courses in classical Jewish texts, history, literature, thought, and more
- Learn from our passionate faculty, and form close friendships with students from List College and JTS's four graduate-level schools
- Take advantage of residence-hall living, and participate in a variety of cocurricular activities.
A visiting student may receive credits at his or her own institution for courses successfully completed at List College, subject to the approval of the student's own dean. Visiting students are assigned an advisor to assist with navigating registration procedures and to act as a general resource during their stay at List College. We also assign housing for those who wish to live on campus during their time as visiting students.
Undergraduate degree candidates enrolled at another accredited four-year college or university may apply to List College for visiting student status. To do so, a student must:
- Complete the Transfer Student version of the Common Application
- Submit a college transcript
- Request a letter of approval from the dean or major advisor from the student's degree-granting institution
We encourage you to take advantage of this unparalleled opportunity. The chance to spend a semester in New York in dialogue with preeminent scholars and engaged students in the field of Jewish studies will certainly enhance your college experience!
Learn what former visiting students have said about their time at List College.