The Rabbinic Training Institute 2015
The Jewish Theological Seminary's 30th annual Rabbinic Training Institute (RTI) will be held Sunday, January 4, through Thursday, January 8, 2015, at the Pearlstone Center on the outskirts of Baltimore, Maryland. The program begins at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday and concludes at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday.
For three decades, JTS's Rabbinic Training Institute has been the premier continuing education program for Conservative rabbis in the field. RTI brings participants to an off-site location for a week of intellectual, professional, and personal growth. This year, we are thrilled to mark the 30th anniversary of RTI with a program that is as outstanding as ever.
Each day of RTI includes:
- Text study with leading scholars and thinkers
- Professional development with expert consultants
- Small groups for personal and spiritual reflection led by professional facilitators
- Communal tefillah and meals
- Free time for individual reflection and the cultivation of one-on-one connections
- Plenty of opportunities for socializing, relaxation, and fun
- The backdrop of a beautiful pastoral setting conducive to deep learning, relationship building, and temporarily letting go of the daily urgency of professional concerns
The faculty for RTI 2015 will include:
- Jeannie Appleman, Community Organizer and Trainer, JOIN for Justice
- Mary Jo Barrett, Executive Director, Center for Contextual Change
- Dr. Tal Becker, Senior Fellow, Shalom Hartman Institute; senior member, Israel peace negotiation team; Principal Deputy Legal Adviser, Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Dr. Erica Brown, Writer and Educator
- Rabbi Dr. Eliezer Diamond, Rabbi Judah Nadich Associate Professor of Talmud and Rabbinics, JTS
- Dr. Mona Fishbane, Clinical Psychologist, Chicago Center for Family Health
- Rabbi Dr. Judith Hauptman, E. Billi Ivry Professor of Talmud and Rabbinics, JTS
- Rabbi Jack Moline, Executive Director, National Jewish Democratic Council
- Rabbi Daniel Nevins, Pearl Resnick Dean of The Rabbinical School and Dean of the Division of Religious Leadership, JTS
- The Rev. A. Meigs Ross, LCSW, Psychotherapist and Clinical Pastoral Educator, JTS / Union Theological Seminary / New York University
- Rabbi Jan Uhrbach, Director of Liturgical Arts, JTS
Registration is $850 and is open to all Conservative rabbis. The cost covers:
- Double-occupancy room and board
- Transportation between Baltimore/Washington International (BWI) airport and train stations and the Pearlstone Center
- All study materials
Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis for female colleagues who are unable to attend RTI at full price. First-time participants receive a $100 discount.
Online registration is now open at www.jtsa.edu/RTI2015. Space is limited.
For more information on RTI and/or scholarships, please contact Rabbi Julia Andelman, JTS director of Community Engagement, at (212) 678-8933 or email@example.com.