The Ivriyon program strengthens the Hebrew language proficiency skills necessary for teaching in Hebrew by way of peer teaching, participant presentations, and textual study. A review of Hebrew grammar and a focus on vocabulary expansion are also integral to the program. Ivriyon is run in partnership with the Hebrew Language program at The Jewish Theological Seminary.
• Create a Hebrew environment in your classroom
• Lead discussions in Hebrew with your students
• Write grammatically correct exercises and instructions
• Help students articulate ideas and feelings in Hebrew
• Converse comfortably with your Israeli colleagues
Ivriyon graduates will be assigned a mentor to assist them in applying their skills for teaching in Hebrew throughout the school year. The Ivriyon program is subsidized by a grant from the AVI CHAI Foundation and is cosponsored by the William Davidson Graduate School of Jewish Education. There is a $50 application fee, and $100 registration fee. Tuition is subsidized and out-of-town participants receive free accommodations in JTS dormitories.
• What is a Language-Immersion Program?
• Application Materials
• How Well Do I Have to Know Hebrew?
• Daily Schedule
• Ivriyon FAQs
For more information, email us at email@example.com or call (212) 280-6007.