Students can be accepted into The Davidson School with a part-time designation (taking only 6 credits per semester). In rare instances, in-house students may change from part-time status to full-time status with the permission of the Dean's Office.
The need-/merit-based fellowship for students accepted for fall 2012 will cover tuition costs according to their individual fellowship letters. The Davidson School does not cover any fees or penalties.
The following policies apply:
- All part-time students must take two courses per semester and remain in good academic standing. In rare instances, part-time students may take more than two courses with the permission of the Dean's Office.
- Upon graduation, students are expected to work in a Jewish setting for one year for each year that they received a fellowship, up to three years.
- Fellowship money will automatically be renewed annually for two additional years beyond the first year, provided the student is in good academic standing and there are funds available.
- Part-time students are invited (if there are enough funds), but not required, to join Kesher Hadash, The Davidson School's Semester in Israel Program. Students wishing to join this trip must participate in the preparatory meetings associated with it.
- Part-time students are encouraged, but not required, to participate in Davidson School mifgash.